As the COVID vaccination roll-out begins in Greater Sudbury, some people are asking questions about its safety and effectiveness.
Please check out the following information resources about the vaccines:
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 What you need to know before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 vaccine safety
- Government of Canada: Overview of COVID-19 vaccines
- Government of Canada: What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine for Canada
- Government of Canada video: COVID vaccines
- Ontario College of Family Physicians: Answering Patient Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
- New England Journal of Medicine: Covid-19 Vaccine — Frequently Asked Questions
- CEP: Answering questions about COVID-19 vaccines
- VIDEO: All About the COVID-19 Vaccines
The City of Lakes Family Health team recommends that all patients get the vaccine.
Our very own Dr. Katie Richardson was interviewed at the HSN vaccination clinic this week. She gave a very powerful and heartfelt message.
Health Ontario has identified a 3-phase plan which identifies priority populations, such as long-term care residents, in phase 1. More information on the vaccination roll-out is available, as follows:
We will be posting more information about the local vaccination roll-out program as it becomes available.