In order to ensure patients receive follow-up and care in the community following discharge from hospital we provide a hospital discharge planning program.
This includes the following activities:
- hospital discharge follow-up phone calls within 48 hrs of being discharged home;
- schedule an appointment within 10 days of discharge;
- infant discharges will be assessed by a provider within 2-4 days of being discharged;
- appropriate community agency and specialty referrals will be reviewed, contacted and/or established at the 48hr phone call;
- provide patients with information on community resources;
- prepare referrals to community agencies;
- provide information on new prescriptions; and,
- when necessary, our pharmacist will provide a medication review within 1 week of hospital discharge.